DevonHouse Senior Living Coumadin Monitoring Program
The Coumadin monitoring program at DevonHouse Senior Living is supervised by:
- Licensed Nurses* who understand the need for vigilance in monitoring and can communicate changes to the physicians immediately
- Licensed Nurses who understand drug interaction is that might increase of decrease blood clotting time
- Licensed Nurses and highly trained staff who understand the side effects of Coumadin therapy
- Licensed Nurses who provide resident education to promote an independent understanding of why and how the medication works and the importance of frequent lab tests and med dose changes
The Coumadin Monitoring program at DevonHouse Senior Living includes these services:
- Relationships with local labs in order to provide service to all residents regardless of insurance
Lab draws on-site
- Free transportation to the lab if there is a need for STAT testing
- Twenty-four house immediate access to our pharmacy for new or changed orders.
*DevonHouse staffs on-site licensed nurses 24 hours a day, seven days a week.